Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cypress Essential Oil week!!



 Cypress Essential Oil



Anyone that knows me well, knows that I have been diagnosed with Prostatitis. Which I have had for 3-4 years, but I have only know about it for about 5 months. I have been tested for all the know causes and they all came back negative, so that is one good answer that I got from a typical doctor. After getting no help from a so called Doctor's I decided to try the natural method. I have been a firm believer of natural remedies for years.

Prostatitis in short is a  bacteria that enters the urethra and likes to hang out in the prostate area. It's really painful and very irritating., it can cause serious problems down the road if not treated.  I have been on a few different antibiodics of over the years, none them worked I felt worst while taking them. Currently I'm treating it with Thyme and Cypress therapeutic grade essential oils. In the 5 days that I have been doing this treatment I feel better then I have in years. If you would like my information on the treatment I'm using send me an email at doterraoils@live.com.

Heres some more info on Prostatitis :




Cypress Oil is made from a combination of ancient cypress twigs, foliage and its needles. It is distilled to pull the oil out, which well will talk about this process later.

Cypress oil is made up of A-pinene, cadinene, d-3carene, camphene, bornly acetate, cedrol, sabinene, terpinolene, linalool, a-terpinene, b-pinene, and myrcene. I'm sure there are other that have yet to be discovered, all of which are natural substances.


Cypress can be blended with just about an oil, it does however blend very well with. Bergamot, Frankincense, Lavender, sandalwood as well as many others. In most cases it should be used with some type of carrier oil.




The Cypress Tree






A few of the Different uses:

Treating acne

Application

Using a carrier oil such as Coconut oil or grape-seed oil and applying directly to the infected area. Melaleuca can also be used for ance. 

Bronchitis

Application

Using a carrier oil, rub on chest it can also be inhaled.

Colds and Flu

Application

The ideal treatment for this is an air diffuser.

Congestion and coughs

Application

The ideal treatment for this is an air diffuser.


Depression

Application

The ideal treatment for this is an air diffuser.


Hemorrhoids

Application

Sitz (hips and buttocks are soaked) bath is the most successful although it may be to painful for some. It this case make a 25% cypress/carrier oil and apply once or twice a day to infected area. 

Join pain

Application

Massage the affected area by mixing cypress and a carrier 2-3 drops cypress and 8-10 drops of an carrier.

Sore Throat/ Strep Throat

Application

Inhalation is going to be your best bet for this, can also be used by mix 1 drop cypress and 10 drops carrier. Then applying to neck and wrapping  with a warm towel.



These are a few common conditions that could possible be treated with Cypress oil.

If you have an questions about anything send me an email, I will do my best to help you out. 

Quinn Bennett

doterraoils@live.com

More to come later!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment